Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Maid of Ballymacool by Jennifer Deibel

The Maid of Ballymacool by Jennifer Deibel shares the story of Brianna Kelly who has grown up at the boarding school. She labors intensely all her days trapped in horrid circumstances. Brianna doesn’t know much about her past other than being dropped off at the boarding school with a locket around her neck. A locket she soon looses. The head of the boarding school, Magee, is downright mean to Brianna, but why? Enter Michael Wray who must go off to the boarding school to help with his younger cousin who is struggling. What neither Michael nor Brianna consider is the impact Michael’s visit will have. 

I simply could not put this book down! I was enthralled! It is an amazing read. Throughly enjoyable. I have appreciated Jennifer Deibel’s previous works and this does not disappoint. I do disgree with the first sentence on the back of the book. It states, "A slow-building..." Nope. This was not slow building at all. I thought it was excellent! I was given a free copy from the publisher for my honest review which I was happy to do. I highly recommend! Run to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment