Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The Gift of the Unexpected by Jillian Benefield

The Gift of the Unexpected is the story of a personal journey used to inspire so many. When Jillian was expecting her second child, she found out he has Down's Syndrome. Jillian takes you on her journey of the path that her, her husband, family and friends traveled on and continue to travel on. Jillian shares the hard raw emotions of her path through pregnancy, birth and beyond. She also shares the many changes her mindset has had over the years.

This book is arranged so that Jillian shares her story, she then shares the gift she has received, and finishes each chapter with questions for reflection. I found Jillian's story very enlightening, both in the world of disability and in general. Jillian shares information very relevant to those who have a child with a disability (her choice of descriptor). I would encourage those interacting with people who have a disability or special needs to read this book. However, I also found it extremely relevant for those on the the journey of life. I was given a free copy from the publisher for my honest review which I was happy to do. I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment