Friday, May 18, 2018

365 Trivia Twist Devotions

Time to review another book!
365 Trivia Twist Devotions: Fun Facts and Spiritual Truths for Everyday of the Year

Since this book is geared towards older children I am excited to have my 12-year-old daughter give the pros and cons of the book!

Her pros included:
1. It shows the National day (for example May 18 is “National Visit Your Relatives Day”), 
2. Relates to a lesson to that day
3. Gives a scripture verse or passage
4. Gives an additional “on this day” information, or fun fact. (Ie. May 18 is also when David Gochnauer finished swimming 55,682 miles in a 25 yard pool!). 
5. Has good illustrations 
6. Relates the fun fact of the day to scriptures. 

Her con and this was her only con was that sometimes the explanations are long. However this took a little bit to get out of her because honestly she didn’t really have a con!!!

From a parent perspective I love the fact that they give a fun fact or National Day and the way it relates to Scripture. It’s just a short devotional that you could do in the car rider line or while waiting for the bus. This could be a great discussion starter. This is definitely a book that could be a great resource for family devotions or dinner table conversation.

Therefore, both my 12-year-old and I recommend this book! I was given a free copy for my honest review. All opinions are my own as well as my 12-year-old’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment