Sunday, November 29, 2020

Softly Blows the Bugle by Jan Drexler

Softly Blows the Bugle by Jan Drexler is an enthralling and captivating historical Amish fiction.  This is the second book I've read by Jan and I think it's even better than the first! Historical Amish fiction was a new genre for me until I've read Jan's works, and it is a great read!

Elizabeth knows that she will never amount to anything as a result of her abusive marriage to the late Englisher, Reuben.  In fact, she does not want to marry ever again. When her brother Jonas returns from the Civil War, and brings along a Confederate solider, Aaron, Elizabeth is worried and fearful. Harder still is that Aaron lost his leg in the war.  But soon Solomon arrives in town. Wow, he is everything Elizabeth is looking for, or rather wasn't looking for, in a husband.  

Softly Blows the Bugle is a captivating tale. In fact, I couldn't put it down!  I enjoyed the story and all that happened in the book.  The historical fiction was an added bonus to the storyline. I was given a free copy from the publisher for my honest review, which I was happy to do! I would recommend this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment