Sunday, November 29, 2020

A Different Kind of Post...

 Today's post is a different kind. Not even sure if I'll publish it....or who will read it.

But I've been pondering. In between books that I read. Yes, this blog has been overtaken with book reviews. But I am so thankful for publishers and authors. It is a JOY to read and review books.  

So back to pondering.....

We just came through a "season" of quarantine.  I mean March 2020 until about August 2020 where we were home (entire family). And we were all together.  It was hard. But in some ways it was also oh so good.  All my kids at home. The summer before we had struggled just to find 15 minutes together. All together. And that happened to be in a Chick-fil-a. (Not gonna lie, no better place to gather!)  But it was such a struggle.

Then COVID hit. First I felt so guilty. So guilty for all my kids were missing. Their disappointments. What they were missing. How it wasn't supposed to be this way.  We weathered the valley of disappointments. We even had slips of paper on the dining room table to fill out "what you want to do when out of quarantine." 

I had very sweet times of Bible study. I would wake up early and read my Bible. I spent my days at home. I even found two online (zoom) Bible studies. It was so sweet. I had ladies that I would actually "see" via Zoom. We would check in and although our relationships were not deep we did Bible study together. It was good.  

 Then life kind of went back to normal. Sort of. Of the five kids the two college students missed their sports seasons. But at least they had practice.  

And I went back to normal. Back to the busy. Back to the running after kids. Back to the sports events (at least three times a week, many weeks more than that.) Back to church. Back to my sweet Moms in Prayer time. Back to substitute teaching. Back to it all.  

And now I'm wondering, where are those sweet times? Those sweet Bible studies? Where does one go to connect with those sweet in person Bible studies? Do they exist? How does one go about that in the midst of COVID? Are we so busy doing that we don't have time to be?  {Most would say that church, just to clarify my church offers one women's Bible study.}

As we appear to be entering another shut down, will we be back to the online? What have we learned from this time? How can we invest more in others? How can I? Who will invest in those who are leading and need someone to invest in them? How can we have Christian women wave the flag and let others know they need some help? Or, do we just go on as we have been? 


No comments:

Post a Comment