Tuesday, June 11, 2019

The King’s Mercy by Lori Benton

As a Scottish rebel,  Alex has been granted the King’s mercy and transported to North Carolina. Unfortunately his trip was not without complications. He experienced heartbreak and heartache both just before his trip and during his trip.  Life has not been easy and without trials. Alex tries to bring respect to those he can. He has just arrived at a large plantation in North Carolina. He will now be an apprentice as the new blacksmith. He will eventually take over for the current blacksmith who was injured in a serious accident. Joanna is the mistress of the home. How will Alex adjust to his new home? Will he recover from his ordeals? 

I have to be honest. The King’s Mercy is set in the mid-1700s. The language is very descriptive. Personally, for me it was rather difficult to read. It is period language. When I first started reading I had to re-read and re-read to try and make sure I was comprehending the text. I know many have spoken well of The King’s Mercy. For me personally, it is just not a genre that I can enjoy. I would encourage you to check out the book for yourself and see if it’s something that you would enjoy instead.

I was given a free copy of The King’s Mercy from  the publisher for my honest review which I am happy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment