Sunday, June 23, 2019

A Reluctant Belle

I had the opprutunity to read A Reluctant Belle {Daughtry House Series} by Beth White.
This was an excellent read! It was the first book I had read by Beth White. This is actually the second book in the series, however, you do not need to read the first to understand the second!

Joelle has never quite fit in. She is still trying to find her way in her family which consists of her sisters and brother-in-law. There is the annoying Schuyler.  Joelle has known Schuyler since childhood and a rather unfortunate preteen boy/girl incident! And then there is the matter of Joelle's hidden writing for the newspaper. Unheard of for a lady in her time!

This is a great read, however, it does also tie in the time period of the ending of the Civil War and the time of reconstruction and remenants of the war.  You will read some difficult topics - especially racists groups, which the author does explain.

I did enjoy this novel, and it would make for a relaxing weekend read or for sitting on the beach enjoying a good book.

I was given a free copy from the publisher for my honest review, which I was happy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment