Monday, April 15, 2019

Resources for Parents Part 3! BOOKS!

11 years ago, I decided to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I figured, "Hey if my kid wanted to read it, I should at least check it out!"

I was shocked by what I read. My son was in third grade. I know the books are high interest, but oh my.  Really. I am all about "raising the bar". Not lowering the standard.  I was appalled by what the kids were reading; many of his classmates read the book.

So.....I decided to be on a mission. I would provide my kids with QUALITY literature. I would get them books they were interested in and promote reading good books. It wasn't always easy and it seems each child liked different genres and authors!

Here is a list of some of the authors we have used.  Again remember:
Vigilance. Please note: As a parent it is your responsibility to be vigilant. Please do not take these resources and use them without checking them first for your family!


Authors of books for children/tween/teen:
Wynter Pitts
Dannah Gresh
Nancy Rue
Natalie Grant 
Dandi Daley Mackall 
Erin Davis
Kelly Minter
Angie Smith (Seamless is an EXCELLENT Bible study! In adult and teen version!)
Melody Carlson
Chuck Black
Bryan Davis
Donita K. Paul
Wayne Thomas Batson
Christopher Hopper
Jerry Jenkins and Chris Fabry
Live Original by Sadie Robertson https://liveoriginal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment