Thursday, April 18, 2019

Disciple Her ~ Kandi Gallaty

I had the opportunity to read Disciple Her by Kandi Gallaty.

I'm going to be honest in my review, which is what the publisher asks for. I expected a book about how to do discipleship, which would work for many.  Instead, what I read was a book that uses a method Kandi and her husband, Robby, have developed at Replicate Ministries.

Now, with that being said, Kandi DOES indeed let you know that this method does not work for everyone and she does write that she hopes this book will be a help for those who do discipleship.

I did find that I thought this was more on a manual on the method her and her husband use.  Is this method Biblical? Yes. Is this method practical? I'm not so sure.  The method Kandi teaches about is having a group meet every week for 12-18 months.  I'm afraid that in my reality that my not happen.  Does that mean that those I interact with are people who are not committed? Not necessarily.

Kandi does offer some practical insight for Biblical discipleship. I suppose I just wish this was less of a follow "our method" and more of a general book on women's discipleship.  I realize I'm going "out on a limb", because Kandi may say her book is the Biblical method, but having been a part of many other discipleship ministries, I've seen effective methods from other ministries as well.

Kandi does off some good resources and ideas that I will use for other ministries I am involved in. I'm just not sure that using her method will work for where I'm at!

I was given a free copy of Disciple Her by Kandi Galaxy from the publisher for my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment