Monday, May 13, 2019

The Refuge by Ann H. Gabhart

I had the opportunity to read The Refuge by Ann H. Gabhart.  This was the first book I had read by Ann.  

Darcie is now alone in the Shaker village since her loving husband Walter has passed away unexpectedly. She does not understand nor know all of the ways of the Shakers. Why would they not allow marriage and condemn it? How will she survive since she is expecting?  Will the Shakers allow her to care for her baby or will they be separated immediately? Who can she trust to tell she is pregnant?

Flynn lives just outside the Shaker village. Who will care for his daughter since his wife died in a tragic accident?  


I did enjoy The Refuge. I have to admit that it was enlightening reading about the Shaker ways in the 1800's, something I was not familiar with.  It was interesting to read about their traditions, even though this is a historical fiction book.

I did enjoy The Refuge and would be happy to pick up more of Ann's work.

I was given a free copy of The Refuge from the publisher for my honest review, which I was happy to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment