Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Next Right Thing by Emily P. Freeman

I had the opportunity to read The Next Right Thing by Emily P. Freeman.  The book is super popular and Emily has her own podcast with the same title. Prior to reading this book, I was not familiar with Emily, nor have I read any of her previous books.

In The Next Right Thing, Emily shares many great insights about decision making. She encourages readers to find and invite co-listeners into their lives.  She also has a "no mentor" as opposed to someone who advises you on what to do. A "no mentor" helps you evaluate a decision and what to stay no to.  Emily encourages you to look at all you are doing (committed to) and evaluate if any of these activities are life draining.  (Because we sometimes do things sometimes simply because no on else will!)

One thing that impacted me from reading The Next Right Thing is turning the "ding" off my phone when I get an email. Removing one simple "distraction". I did it and ya know what? I don't miss it! I enjoyed the practical advice offered in The Next Right Thing.

Honestly, when I started reading The Next Right Thing I thought, "I have no major decisions to make and I don't really struggle with decision making".  BUT, I quickly realized that The Next Right Thing does not just deal with decision making, but rather life, and in a practical way.  

I would encourage you to pick up The Next Right Thing and see what Emily might have to share that would impact your life.  I was given a free copy of The Next Right Thing by the publisher for my honest review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment