Saturday, May 25, 2019

Empowered ~ Stories for Girls About Heroes!

Empowered How God Shaped 11 Women’s Lives (And Can Shape Yours Too) is a great resource and excellent book for tween girls!!!! I throughly enjoyed reading this book about various heroes. 

In her book, Catherine Parks looks at eleven different women and the impact they have had. Catherine also relates these stories to girls today and how they can impact those around them. I would highly recommend this book for girls ages 9 and up. I love the discussion questions at the end of each chapter and thoughts to make the stories relevant. 

Kids today need heroes to look up to. In her book Catherine shares the lives of Corrie ten Boom, Eather Ahn Kim, Sophie School, Betsie ten Boom, Pandita Ramabai, Elisabeth Elliot, Phillis Wheatley, Joni Eareckson Tada, Fanny Crosby, Charlotte Forten Grimke and Annie Armstrong.  


This book is written in a way that tweens can easily read it and relate. I was given a free copy of Empowered my the publisher for my honest review. I am happy to recommend this book! 


No comments:

Post a Comment