Saturday, July 9, 2022

The Heart of the Mountains

 The Heart of the Mountains by Pepper Basham is the heartwarming tale of Cora Taylor who travels from England to the Blue Rodge Mountains. She is escaping an arranged marriage. Using her limited medical knowledge from helping wounded soldiers from WW1, Cora realizes how desperately needed she is in this area that at times can be a  savage area. Cora doesn’t understand the community of the mountains yet she finally feels at home in some strange way. Enter Jeb and things are quickly complicated. 


This story is a great tale of life in the Blue Rodge mountains. I found myself hooked on the story line and cheering Cora on despite the hardships and rejection in the community. Cora was persistent and life was not easy. I was given a free copy from the publisher for my honest review which I was happy to do. I recommend The Heart of the Mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment