Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Stories That Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner

Stories That Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner is a Christian fiction book set in the 1960’s.  It addresses such themes as death, race, mental health and several others.  Betty Sweet has just lost her husband. She is devastated but must pick up the pieces of her life and move on.  There are family ties that are both good and not so good that Betty encounters.  

I must admit I haven’t read a book set in the 1960’s before! It was very interesting given the time period. I also enjoyed the themes explored. This is an enjoyable novel.  I think those who lived in the 60’s might enjoy it even more than I did.  The story was good and the book was interesting to read. 

I was given a free copy from the publisher for my honest review, which I was happy to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment