Monday, June 8, 2020

Love Riot by Sara Barratt

Love Riot: A Teenage Call to Live with Reckless Abandon for Christ by Sara Barratt is not just for teens! As a 40 something mom of teens, I enjoyed this book, but will also be encouraging my teens to read it!

Sara shares many keen insights in her book, Love Riot.  She shares what she has learned in her twenty years of life, much more than some have learned in so many more years of life. One would say Sara is "wise beyond her years".

I found myself being inspired and learning new lessons through Sara's book.  Sara shares four uncomfortable things that Christians will face: countercultural = counter comfortable, standing apart, choosing integrity, and reaching out.  Sara also writes about the practical. She not only shares the hardships, but offers solutions.  Sara writes about three ways to overcome the uncomfortable: pray, read and quote scripture and step out in faith.  Sara also writes that, "through the Bible we learn God's heart. Through prayer we pour out our own."

Parents, I'd encourage you to read this book to simply understand more of teen culture. Teens (guys and girls), I'd encourage you to read this book as a challenge to your generation.

I was given a free copy of Love Riot from the publisher for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment