Thursday, January 17, 2019

A Visit with A Wise Woman ~ Becoming Gertrude

I was able to read Becoming Gertrude by Janice Peterson. Yes, the wife of Eugene Peterson.  I received this book just before Eugene passed away.  I didn't start reading it until after he had passed.  I supposed I felt sad reading this book that Janice was probably excited to release and then had it mixed with the sadness of her husband of over 60 years passing.

However, I did enjoy Becoming Gertrude!  At first, I wasn't sure, but then it seemed that it was a visit with a wise {ok, I'll say it} older woman passing on advice to the next generation.  She reminisced about life  in their early ministry years.  She shared some of the highs and lows of being a pastor's wife. Who is Gertrude? Well, you'll need to read to find out!

I would highly recommend this book to pastor's wives! I think they will appreciate Janice's wisdom and insights.  All women will enjoy Janice's advice on spiritual friendships, including caring, acceptance, service, hospitality and encouragement.

This book is a short book and you can tell that it was a lifelong accomplishment for Janice to write this book.

I was given a free copy for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment