Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A Challenge to RISE As Parents!!!!

I had the opportunity to read Parents Rising by Arlene Pellicane and I loved the book!  Parents Rising takes a look at practical advice for parents of children ages newborn to about age 13. And I love practical advice!!!

In Parents Rising, Arlene gives "eight practical strategies for raising kids who love God, respect authority and value what's right".  I really enjoyed the way Arlene expanded on the eight strategies. They are:

  • Amusement is not the highest priority
  • Parents call the shots
  • Routine and Boundaries provide security
  • The Bible and Prayer everyday
  • Marriage takes a front seat
  • Good food served on the table 
  • Love is spelled T-I-M-E
  • Launching adults, not babying children
Arlene gathers advice from MANY sources and combines it all in one book! I loved how she used many well know sources to expand on each topic.

I think one of the things I liked most about this book is that Arlene has a one stop shop for parenting and marriage advice in this book.

It is written for the parents of today and very revenant.  Best of all it's not just parenting advice but marriage advice that will in turn affect your parenting!

This was the first book I read by Arlene (I did hear her speak once ~ or rather not. Check out her story and maybe you will see why she didn't speak! 😀)

I was given a free copy of Parents Rising by Arlene Pellicane for my honest review which I was happy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment