Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Struggle IS Real ~ Book Review

The struggle is real! We often hear that hash tag today and can easily use that phrase to describe significant and insignificant life circumstances. In the book The Struggle Is Real,  Nicole Unice looks at the many struggles Christians face today. She uses her background in counseling to address those struggles. She related our story - including the story of our perception versus the story that actually happened and how we can rewrite that story. Unice uses many examples from her years of ministry and counseling to draw on her wisdom for The Struggle Is Real. She shares how to have freedom in Christ and get into a freedom cycle. 


Honestly, this book was not what I expected. I was hoping for more personal stories from the author but instead it was harder to follow than I had hoped. The author does share that she does give more examples and expands on her book in the Bible study that accompanies the book. For me, the struggle was real to hang in there and finish the book! I’m not sure if it’s Unice’s counseling background that lost me or if I just was hoping for more personalized stories. It would be interesting to see if the Bible study is more relatable. I was given a free copy of The Struggle Is Real for my honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment