Tuesday, August 28, 2018

It's All Under Control ~ Or Is It? Book Review!

Wow! It’s All Under Control by Jennifer Dukes Lee is a gift. For anyone who has ever struggled with control - or not even struggled with control, but just failed to give God control, you will want to read this book. Honestly, I thought Jennifer might have looked directly at me and written this book about me. It was a breath of fresh air as Jennifer shared that’s its ok to be a strong leader and work hard to care for those around us!  It’s ok to do what God has called you to do! However, God has also called for balance. I am confident this book will resonate with many women today. 

Perhaps the most enlightening part is when Jennifer shares that you do want to care for others. You do want to help them. And your motives are genuine. They flow from love. However, sometimes that love can turn into control.  Jennifer shares, “there’s a fine line between unhealthy control and healthy control and that line is drawn with the pen of good intentions.”  Amen sister!  

Jennifer also shares that “When we begin to follow Jesus, we relinquish that control. But we constantly try to steal it back because we think we’ll be safer if we ate in control”. Oh momma, how many many times have you felt this way????

This definitely was a pen book. What do I mean by that?  Well once I start a book I need to decide if I am going to write in it or not. After the first chapter, I knew I needed to have a pen handy. At all times. It was definitely a book to underline!  

Jennifer takes you on a journey of looking at your motives, your choices, your heart, and your faith. She also offers resources both in the book and online. (At the time of this review they were not yet available online. However I can’t wait until they are). A Bible study is also available to accompany this study!  It’s going on my to do list!  Wait, Jennifer shares how to handle that to do list as well! How to give it to Jesus! Daily

I could share many quotes from It's All Under Control. However, in order to keep this review manageable, I will spare the reader. Instead I’ll encourage you to check out Jennifer’s whit, humor, personal stories, practical advice and insight and read It's All Under Control for yourself. 


I am thankful for the opportunity to read It’s All Under Control. I was given a free copy for my honest review. 

Visit Jennifer Dukes Lee here

No comments:

Post a Comment