Saturday, July 28, 2018

Funeral Lemonade


Funeral Lemonade

Well, this needs some explaining!

This lemonade is so good and has a ridiculous amount of sugar. That's probably why it's so good. But why is it called funeral lemonade? Because my church serves it at funerals!!!

The lady from church who gave me the recipe said to "just dump ingredients in".  I prefer to measure!

Mix to make one gallon  Country Time Lemonade 
1 cup sugar (more or less to taste, I stick with 1 cup. I know it’s a LOT!)
1 orange sliced
1/2 lemon sliced

Mix lemonade mix and sugar together in a gallon pitcher.  Add some water and stir. Add some more water (to make a gallon) and stir well.  Add in lemon slices and orange slices.

This lemonade is best if it sits for a little to blend flavors.

Variations:
Add more lemons or oranges.
Add orange juice instead of the oranges.

Serve in a pretty jar and you have some great lemonade!

I'll leave it up to you if you want to call it funeral lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment