Monday, December 4, 2017

Organizing Recipes You Print

Ever have ten billion recipes sitting all round? Or better yet in a pile? No clue what to do? I mean really you want to try them but you can't find them. They are lost in the paper clutter. What about those favorite family recipes you've shared through the years? Or the ones that have been handed down? How can you organize them? And I am the type who {still} likes to print my recipes.

Well, it took me a while, but I figured out a simple way. Because that's what this is all about. Practical. Simple.

Meet {one of} my new best friend. Page protectors! No need to punch holes in pages! Simply add these in a 3 ring binder and BAM! You have it! Yes, I use them all the time!

I first got them off of BJ's website, but then they stopped carrying them. (Silly BJ's!) so now I buy on Amazon!   Here is the link to page protectors: Page Protectors

Next use some fun page dividers. Make up your categories. I currently have:
appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts and other.

Then slide your recipes in. Added bonus, when you are baking or cooking, no need to worry about pages getting smeared, or greased up!
As you can see, I have tabs on the right marking the categories.  

Here is a favorite recipe for ham and cheese sandwiches. Link is here: ham and cheese sandwiches

This even works great for saving special notes of how much for something to make. These are notes from my white chocolate mix. (Recipe coming at some point. I promise!)

Finally, in my "other tab" I keep notes on how to freeze things. (I am so over canning. No time for that  - at least not right now!)

I have found this is a great way to organize all my printed recipes. Sometime I even make notes on them, such as "Didn't like" (so if I am searching for zucchini recipes again and think that one looks good, I know not to use it!)  or "So and so did like, but I didn't"

Best of all, I've moved the recipes out of a pile and they are easy to find! 
Stay tuned for more practical tips and more recipes!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment