Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Crack aka White Chocolate Mix

Whoa! It's almost Christmas and time to make Christmas Crack....aka....well, it's been called many other things. Including:

Christmas Crack (on the radio! I was mortified!!!)
White Trash (I don't come up with these names!)
Magical White Chocolate Pretzel M&M Goodness
Chex Mix (but it's so much more!)
Yogurt covered mix (no, there is no yogurt on it!) 😉


I don't recall when I started making it, but do know the recipe came from a treasured church cookbook!  I think I had some at a mom's group  and then saw this recipe and knew I had to make it.

It's grown from there!!!

This year I made 18 batches!!!! Whew!

So, here it is! It can be frozen.

10 oz. package mini pretzels
5 cups Cheerios
5 cups Chex (any kind)
2 cups peanuts
1 lb. M&M's
2 (12 oz.) packages vanilla chips

In a large bowl mix pretzels (can be crushed), Cheerios, Chex, peanuts and M&Ms. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl.  Pour over cereal and mix well.  Spread on wax paper to cool. Break apart once cooled and store in air tight container or bag. Can be frozen.


Cook's notes: I use 1 bag of Nestle vanilla chips and 12 oz. vanilla (which chocolate) wafers - the kind for candy making. I melt my chocolate in a bowl for one minute and then stir. Microwave for one more minute.


I generally spread this out on my huge dining room table to cool!



I rarely make this in the summer - it will melt. But I did make it once for the XC team. In that case it had to go into a cooler! Reusing a container to store it!!

One large spread of White Chocolate mix!

Ingredients ready to go!
Half melted 


Keep stirring after microwaving for 2 minutes so any remaining chips melt.



Enjoy!
Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment