Saturday, November 2, 2019

The Roll of the Drums by Jan Drexler

Exciting new Amish Historical Fiction!

I did enjoy The Roll of the Drums by Jan Drexler. I do have to admit when I started reading I did not know that Amish historical fiction existed! This was an absolutely new genre for me. This is the second book in the Amish of Weaver’s Creek series. However you do not need to read the first book in order to understand this book. This book will stand alone! (Which I appreciate!)

Ruby Weaver is not your typical Amish gal. She hasn’t joined the church. She has a mind of her own and does not necessarily heed all of the rules in the Amish church. However when Gideon Fisher comes to town she is more than willing to take care of his children as well as his ailing wife, simply out of kindness.


However with the soldiers from the confederate war on their heels who knows if the Amish will be protected and safe? Just before passing,  Gideon’s wife asks Ruby to marry Gideon. Will they ever love each other? Will they even get married?

I did enjoy this work of fiction. The Roll of the Drums is a great read. I was given a free copy from the publisher for my honest review, which I was happy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment