Friday, January 22, 2021

Bless This Mess

I recently saw a post on facebook from a desperate mama about how to organize toys and the constant "war zone" of toys. 

Here is my response.

Dear mamas. My kids are now 22, 20, 17, 14, & 12. My house looked like a constant war zone. The Legos turned the oldest towards mechanical engineering. The farm toys helped #2 become a conservation biology major, the play school area propelled #3 to seek a teaching career. #4 picked up the Legos & Playmobil. And #5 loved baby dolls. It remains to be seen what they will do. But. The clutter/mess is definitely more manageable now. Granted I have lacrosse sticks, track turf bubbles, football gear etc. Not to mention the “I was sent home from college due to Covid at the college” & here’s all my dorm stuff. Trust me mamas. It will get better. Enjoy the mess for now. I’m not going to tell you that someday you will miss it (I don’t). Remember you can have it all just not all at once. Hang in there.

Mommyhood in those years is hard (let's face it, all mommy hood is hard, it just looks different depending on where you are in the journey)!

I looked and look for a photo of my trashed toy room from when my kids were little. And I couldn't find a photo!  So take photos of that mess so you can look back on it and realize you won't miss it!

Here are the photos I did find!

From 2011



From 2009

My house doesn't look perfect now. But it's a different kind of mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment