Thursday, May 3, 2018

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover!

Wow! I recently had the chance to read The Hidden Side by Heidi Chiavaroli!  All I can say is don't judge a book by it's cover! More on that as you read on!

The Hidden Side is Heidi's second book.  She is a wife, mom and very talented author! In The Hidden Side, Heidi takes you on a very real journey of parenting teens.  Natalie, the mother of the twin teens, must live with the fact that her younger son passed away several years ago.  She is desperately trying to relate, communicate, or simply understand her teenage twins. Until it all comes crashing down one fateful day.  However, woven into the book is also the tale of Mercy Howard, who is also trying to relate to those around her. Her story is quite different as she is a spy for the new states during the American Revolution.  She is witnessing some dreadful things along the way. Just as Natalie is.

When I first picked up The Hidden Side, I thought for sure it was going to a be historical fiction. I was ready to settle down and enjoy. However, when I started reading, I was I realized there was a component that was realistic fiction...then slightly teen fiction....then I was disappointed. BUT then I kept reading on...and I could NOT stop! I thoroughly enjoyed that way Heidi weaved several genres together in one book.  Hence, don't judge a book by it's cover! I'm so glad I didn't.

I would highly recommend this book. However, I must caution you. You will be consumed. You will not want to put it down. You will be relating to the characters and engaged in their world. I am anxious to read other works by Heidi since The Hidden Side was so well done!

I was given a complimentary copy of the Hidden Side for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment